Lecrae Wins Grammy for Best Gospel Album

(Feb. 11, 2013) Atlanta-based Christian rapper Lecrae won his first Grammy Sunday night (Feb. 10) at the 55th Annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, CA. Lecrae took home the Grammy for Best Gospel Album for his project "Gravity" becoming the first Christian hop hop artist to win in the category. 

Lecrae attributed the success of the album to the fact that he’s “unashamedly truthful about my faith. I’m not misogynistic, I’m not killing anybody. I’m a Christian and I stand firm in my beliefs,” said Lecrae. “My ambition was just to make honest music, and I really was not intending for it to be a traditional gospel album or anything. I was just very honest about my spirituality.”

"Gravity" is Lecrae's sixth studio album and was released in 2012 on his music label Reach Records.

Share on Google Plus

About Airplay 360

AIRPLAY 360 is a monthly published digital magazine designed to inform, empower and motivate independent inspirational musical artists by offering a soundboard of information provided by artists, producers, label executives and other industry professionals.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment