James Fortune Makes Public Apology to Wife, Family for Assault

Grammy-nominated gospel singer James Fortune is apologizing to his fans and his family after pleading guilty to assaulting his wife.

Investigators say Fortune struck his wife with a wooden vanity stool, kicked her, and threw her against a wall in their home in October 2014, ABC 13 reported.

Fortune pleaded guilty and accepted a third degree felony assault charge, something his wife agreed to because she didn't want to put their three children through having to testify against their father.

Fortune received five days in jail, five years probation, and 175 hours of community service.

"I want to make a public apology to my family, friends and supporters for not being above reproach," the singer posted on Instagram. "Please pray that during this process God continues to perfect and restore me so that I become a better man, father and Christian."

"Despite the accusations and media embellishments, I am not a supporter of domestic violence," his post continued. "I do take full responsiblity for my participation in the altercation and have been seeking out spiritual and professional guidance to improve my anger management and emotional discipline for over a year now and will continue to do so. Thnk you for your continued prayers."

Fans responded with prayer support and encouragement.

"The beautiful thing about God is he is a God of a second chance," moldelcheck posted. "He has already forgiven you for the things that happend on that day. We are all hujman and I believe Jesus said it best. Those of you who is without sin cast the first stone..."

"Make it right between you and God and your family. I pray for complete healing and restoration in your life. God bless you," lengesani said.

Fortune also took to Periscope with a tearful plea, called "If you're up with me, please pray!"

His wife, Cheryl Fortune, issued a statement in response to her husband.

"I hope in all of this you get help. Serious help. Although this probation might be like a slap on the wrist, I hope you look at it as a moment to better yourself and change something within you for your future," she said.

Source: CBN
Share on Google Plus

About Airplay 360

AIRPLAY 360 is a monthly published digital magazine designed to inform, empower and motivate independent inspirational musical artists by offering a soundboard of information provided by artists, producers, label executives and other industry professionals.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment