Bishop Paul S Morton Records Final Live Album at Greater St. Stephens New Orleans

The stars of the gospel music world descended on Greater St. Stephens in New Orleans East Monday night, July 13, in what was billed as the final music recording of Bishop Paul S. Morton, and what a show it was!

While Bishop Morton has been a giant in the faith community for decades, everyone we spoke to also pointed to his work int he gospel music field as inspiration.

Singer Tasha Cobb says, “We are here with a living legend. He says it’s his last one so we’re gon celebrate his last one. I was here at rehearsal last night, absolutely phenomenal.”

According to artist Zacardi Cortez, “Every since I was a lil kid man, Bishop Paul S. Morton has been an influence in my life. Of course, I’m singing, but even if I wasn’t singing, I wouldn’t have wanted to miss this for the world.”

The stars certainly didn’t disappoint from gospel great Pastor Shirley Caesar to Bishop Rance Allen, to PJ Morton, who took time off from his day job as a member of chart-topping pop group Maroon 5 to pay tribute to his dad

“He’s my dad man above all. I’m just happy to be here, supporting my father first, and second one of the most amazing artist who has made some amazing music through the years,” says the younger Morton.

The recording also featured the Greater Change Mass Choir, and the event served to kick off a special week as the Full Gospel Fellowship Conference is being held here in New Orleans.

Grammy award winner Smokie Norful had a more simple reason why he was in attendance, “Because I’m a fan! I am a huge fan of Bishop Paul S Morton, not just as an artist, but as a man, as a husband, as a father, as a leader, as a visionary. He has been everything, and so I’m honored, I’m excited, I’m charged to be here tonight to celebrate with him..”


Source: WGNO
Share on Google Plus

About Airplay 360

AIRPLAY 360 is a monthly published digital magazine designed to inform, empower and motivate independent inspirational musical artists by offering a soundboard of information provided by artists, producers, label executives and other industry professionals.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment